The diagram below shows the conceptual model (or schema) of a conference as implemented by SlidesUp.
A conference is broken down into the following concepts:
- Sections are used to divide the conference agenda into multiple parts, usually days.
- Tracks help organize concurrent events at your conference.
- Events are the building blocks of the agenda. These could be talks, labs, birds-of-a-feather sessions, breaks–anything with a start & stop time.
- Speakers at the conference.
- Rooms where events can be held.
You can see detailed information about each of these concepts in the Schema section of this guide.
Note that events are where it all comes together:
- An event can be part of a track
- An event can have multiple speakers
- An event can be held in one or more rooms